Ground Energy Corporation
Ground Energy Corp. www.groundenergy.ca works with mechanical engineers, architects, project owners, developers, builders and mechanical contractors to design and install the most green, energy efficient geothermal systems for their projects. We also provide systems to improve indoor air quality and for buildings with SBS (sick building syndrome).
A low grade geothermal system to meet the goals of sustainability needs to be professionally designed. GEC’s team of professionals have studied the characteristics of boreholes, long term performance of the GHX and have developed guidelines for the design and installation of all parts of a geothermal system.
Ground Energy Corp provides the following:
- Design of the Ground Heat Exchanger
- Procurement & Engineering procurement
- Project Management
Geothermal Systems are substantially less costly to operate compared to conventional HVAC systems. The operating costs of a geothermal system which has been professionally designed and installed are 50% to 70% less for heating and 35% to 50% less for cooling. The life expectancy of a well designed system is a minimum of 25 years for the mechanical parts and over 50 years for the ground heat exchanger.
- Aesthetically pleasing as there are no visible outside components.
- Air quality for both heating and cooling modes are improved as there is no combustion
- Simplicity of operation
- Low maintenance
- Free source of energy available to all
- Environmentally benign and reduces green house gas
- reduce the spread of disease
- provide remediation from mold
- kill bacteria and viruses on surfaces
- reduce or eliminate particulates, dust, pollens
- eliminate or reduce odors, gases and volatile organic compounds (VOC’s)
The EPA ranks indoor air pollution as the #1 environmental health problem.
Health Canada says Canadians spend on average 90% of their time indoors.
The World Health Organization estimates that nearly half of all new or newly refurbished buildings may cause Sick Building Syndrome